These quick snack “coins” are a twist on sushi because the cucumber is on the outside! Fill them with fish, or go crazy with other international ideas, such as Mexican-, Italian-, or Mediterannean-themed fillings. These are a great way to stabilize blood sugars and stave off your sweet cravings!
- Peel your cucumber, then slice it lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill the halves with one of these pairs:
- tuna & daikon radish
- guacamole & refried beans
- sausage & marinara
- hummus & sundried tomatoes
- cottage cheese & grape tomatoes
- crab & pico de gallo
- salmon & cream cheese
- shrimp & spicy rice
- olives and feta
- devilled eggs and pickles
- Put the cucumber halves back together.
- Slice perpendicular to your first cut, creating “coins.”