Eat Probiotics When Cravings Strike!
Have you ever eaten something sour when your body cried out for sweets? It seems counter-intuitive, but the probiotics in a cultured food can alter your cravings in the long run by improving your gut health.
In this video, you can see how easy and inexpensive it is to create your own probiotic foods from your garden.
You can find recipes for culturing your vegetables online at Cultures for Health. If you are purchasing naturally fermented foods, look for phrases such as “contains live cultures” or “never heat-treated” on the label.
Other benefits of probiotic foods, aside from helping with cravings, are that they:
- Bolster your immune system and help fight infection.
- Strengthen your gut and help relieve conditions such as bloat, indigestion and IBS.
- Make your food more digestible and help your absorb your nutrients better.
- Manufacture B vitamins, which you are likely to have a deficiency of if your are under chronic stress or sugar overload.
- Are an economical way to boost your health.